Raleigh, NC 27604
Multifaceted Agile practitioner with 25 years of IT experience (including training, design, testing, analysis, Product Ownership and Scrum Mastery) across a range of business Sectors and corporation size. Passionate about helping companies achieve “Doneness” by coaching for success, advising on process modifications, and promoting the Scrum values/principles within the organization. Coauthor of “Organizational Agility Unleashed”. Created the Meeting Minders toolset to foster team focus and collaboration. Active member of the RDU TriAgile planning committee.
Vaco, Raleigh NC
Agile Coach 02/2019 - Current
Vaco’s game changing support of Client Agile Transformation enables new levels of innovation and the organizational agility needed to respond to the rapidly changing business climate that is now the new normal.
Our focus is driving successful business outcomes, not just faster teams! Our goal is to leave behind self-sustaining organizational agility.
Eliassen Group | Fidelity, Durham, NC
Senior Scrum Master / Agile Coach 04/2018 - 02/2019
- Servant leader for Data Cloud enablement squad (DataSensei team) under data analytics platform.
- Partners with the Squad Leader to establish and maintain a healthy and prioritized Product Backlog.
- Facilitates/ensures sprint ceremonies occur and are productive, valuable and efficient.
- Identifies and helps to remove all daily sprint impediments.
- Assisted in establishing the squad’s identity; facilitated meetings to identify Charter, DoD, DoR, Working Agreements etc.
- Coaches the team members on self organization, autonomy and the scrum framework.
- Acts as the “Cheerleader” for the team, helping to drive cohesion, build relationships and inject fun/humor.
- Promotes continued agile education within PI (Personal Investing).
- Mentors multiple ScrumMasters.
- Ensures a collaborative and communicative culture exists across squads via Scrum of Scrums.
- Shields team from disturbances and external threats.
Ipreo, Raleigh, NC
Scrum Master 10/2015 – 04/2018
- Guides distributed Agile teams and the organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to improve customer experience.
- Advises the teams on how to get the most of out self-organization, using this to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum framework.
- Assesses the Scrum Maturity of the teams/organization and coaches them to higher levels of maturity, at a sustainable and comfortable pace.
- Identifies and removes daily impediments.
- Builds a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitates getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Initiates open discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Facilitates the Program Scrum of Scrums to assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Supports and educates the Product Owner and Analysts, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Provides support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
- Leads the Scrum Master Guild, which meets monthly to exchange ideas & new approaches and to support one another.
SciQuest, Morrisville, NC
Agile Product Owner / Scrum Master 03/2014 – 10/2015
- Responsible for the detailed vision, roadmap and rollout of the new Spend Radar / Data Manager module.
- Gathered requirements from customers through one-on-one conversations, focus groups, and user group meetings.
- Collaborated with a cross-company team to prioritize product features and scenarios. This ensured the product met the company's overall strategy and financial goals.
- Removed any impediments blocking the team’s goals and provided project status transparency to the Executive team.
- Established the initial Product Backlog from preliminary requirements. Owned and maintained the Product Backlog using JIRA, which drove all sprint planning and grooming sessions.
- Facilitated biweekly retrospective meetings to identify team wins, challenges, recommendations and action plans.
- Created user scenarios, epics, stories, and detailed wireframes for product development.
- Wrote acceptance tests and reviewed product behavior prior to story completion.
- Following Sprint completion, facilitated and demonstrated working software to the business users, executive team, and other interested parties.
- Ensured product consistency (screen behavior, interface) through close collaboration with the UX team.
- Conducted hands-on usability studies with customers for continual product improvement.
- Produced internal and external documentation to support product development and launch.
- Created a detailed Product Owner Library Reference kit, which included original documentation on User Stories, Retrospectives and Grooming Sessions.
- Contributed to a SelectSite Product Owner Group, which met biweekly to share ideas and discuss process improvement.
- Employee Charity Committee volunteer; coordinated and engaged in philanthropy events specific to Veterans.
Deutsche Bank, Cary, NC
Agile Product Owner, GTB (Global Transaction Banking) / Risk 06/2012 – 03/2014
- Prioritized and maintained the product backlog; planned current and future releases and determined sprint workload using JIRA or RTC.
- Collaborated with stakeholders and Business Analysts to elicit, understand and document comprehensive, complete and detailed business requirements, in parallel with the Agile Process.
- Analyzed project requirement documentation for functional impacts
- Formulated and reviewed detailed epics and stories, which included feature files, screen mockups/wireframes, acceptance criteria and workflows.
- Facilitated weekly grooming sessions with the team to review stories and capture story point estimates.
- Led the sprint planning meeting to capture commitments and detailed tasks.
- Attended the Scrum daily standup meetings to understand sprint status and assist with any items blocking progress.
- Continually motivated the team to push past boundaries and deliver excellent software.
- Closely monitored the deliverables committed by the team during the sprint to ensure consistency, answer questions, preview functionality and accept stories.
- Supported testing on behalf of users, operations and testing teams.
- Collaborated with application developers to resolve high severity functional issues found in UAT.
- Launched and sustained the Product Owner Community of Practice, in the Cary Development Center.
- Developed material and presented training sessions on creating exceptional user stories.
- Assigned to the Horizon application, a dynamic risk management reporting platform providing analytics to allow Risk Managers to make informed decisions. Horizon won three major IT awards in 2012.
Credit Suisse, RTP, NC
Business Analyst, Client Technology Solutions Group (CTS) 05/2009 – 05/2012
Quality Engineer, Client Technology Solutions Group (CTS) 8/2006 – 5/2009
MicroMass Communications, Cary, NC
Quality Assurance Manager 1/2006 – 8/2006
CC Intelligent Solutions, Raleigh, NC
Quality Assurance Manager 11/2004 – 12/2005
Development Support Engineer, Quality Assurance 2/2004 – 11/2004
IBM Personal Computing Division (PCD) OAO Technologies Outsourcing, Raleigh, NC
Business Transformation Project Manager - Technical Instructor and Writer 1/2002 – 2/2004
Integrated Product Development (IPD) Graphic Designer 4/2000 - 1/2002
Education & Certifications:
1. School of the Living Arts, Wake Forest, NC 8/98-4/99 - Computer Graphic Design
2. Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
3. Agile Coaching (ICP-ACC)
4. SAFe® 4.0 Release Train Engineer
5. SAFe Agilist (SA)
6. Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
7. Certified Agile Leader (CAL-1)
- Creator, contributor and host of a biweekly Agile Podcast focused strictly on Product Owners called “DeliverIt” (http://www.deliveritcast.com/) from 2015-2016
- US Military Secret Clearance
- Active member of TriAgile Planning Committee (2018-current)
- ... and for fun - PaperCuts